MD Landlord fees

Refurbishment management or Insurance claim fee 10 % of cost of works

Full management fees

FULL management 12.5%
Portfolios, HMOs, etc by negotiation
Set up fee £150
Re let fee £125
EPC certificate £55
Gas safety certificate £61
Electrical check from £95
Cancellation fee - 3 months notice and fees

Let only fees

Initial fee £250
Lease renewal fee £50
Inventories - 1 and 2 bed £75
Inventories - 3 bed £125
Inventories - 4 bed £150
Inventories - 5 bed or more, or furnished By valuation
Registration of deposit (Optional) £35
Accompanied viewings (Optional) £10 per block viewing
Rent guarantees (Optional) At cost

NOTE: All fees are subject to the addition of VAT


Why let through MD Properties?

We believe it’s the exceptional service we provide that attracts landlords to MD Properties. Coupled with the fact we specialise in lettings and are also professional landlords in our own right, means we fully understand the needs of our landlords and tenants. Based in the town centre and established since 1992, we are Staffords largest independent letting agent.

What does our service provide?
  • FREE Buy to let advice
  • Rent protection
  • Accompanied viewings
  • Property Inspections
  • Full referencing & credit checks
  • Inventory with photographs
  • Tenancy agreement
  • Regular communication at the start and during any tenancy
  • A flexible service fully managed or tenant find only
  • Prompt payments of rent directly into your account
  • Optional in house maintenance service
  • Gas Safety Inspection and Energy Performance Certificate etc arranged
  • Personal & professional service
  • Extensive marketing of your property on three websites
  • Maximum return from your investment
  • Out of hours appointments available for landlords & tenants
  • Administration of deposits
What rent will I charge?

We will value your property and agree a rental figure with you.

Special conditions can I decide?

We will work to your instructions prior to marketing your property, for example you may not wish to have pets in the property.

Should my lender be made aware?

Yes. Should there be a mortgage on the property your lender should be aware and give permission to let the property out. In a lot of cases you may of already obtained a buy to let mortgage.

What insurance cover do I need?

Certainly buildings cover and dependant on whether your let is furnished you may also decide on contents as well. We can advise and also arrange a no obligation quote. Tenants are responsible for their own contents insurance.

Tenants references?

We will take references which will include credit, employment, personal and previous landlord references (if applicable)

Rent protection what is it?

Subject to approval of references a rent protection will be obtained free of charge for fully managed clients. You can contact us for further information

Presentation of my property what is best?

In general the better presented the property the easier it is to attract good tenants. We can advise on all aspects by visiting the property with no obligation or charge.

Who does the viewings?

We will. Any prospective tenant is shown around the property by a member of staff.

Who pays the bills?

In general the tenant is responsible for all utility bills, any phone line and television licence. This may alter in a shared house commonly known as an HMO (House in Multiple Occupation)

What about the Energy Performance Certificate?

From 1st October 2008 (with a few exceptions) all rental property requires an Energy Performance Certificate which will remain valid for 10 years. We can arrange this and advise on cost.

Do I need a Gas Safety Inspection?

If your property has a gas supply then yes. This is done annually. Again we can advise and arrange the certification which is known in the trade as a GSI.

When do I receive rent?

Within three bank working days of the rent being received, normally transferred direct into your account, or paid by cheque if required. A supporting statement will be sent to you detailing any charges and fees taken.

Do I pay tax on rental income?

We can give general advise on this and if required refer you to our company accountant should you require further information.

Do I leave furniture in the property?

We will be happy to advise on this your property may be furnished, part furnished or unfurnished. However if the property is unfurnished the tenant will expect carpets, curtains and a cooker in the property as a minimum.

Who does an inventory?

We will and this will entail a full description and condition of the property, backed up with pictures and agreed with yourself firstly and the tenants (on moving in)

What about the garden?

At the point of a tenant moving in the garden should be in good condition eg free of weeds grass cut (if applicable etc). In general unless other special arrangements have been made it will be the responsibility of the tenant to maintain it.

What about the deposit?

We will register the tenants deposit and issue the tenant with a deposit certificate as required under the deposit regulations.


You have the opportunity to opt to do your own maintenance or log onto our own directly employed maintenance team. We in general if instructed at the start of the let will get on with minor repairs, but maintenance issues over £80 we will advise you of the situation and obtain the necessary quotes for your approval as required.

Our aims

To let your property out effectively, ensure it is looked after with the rent paid on time. Above are some general questions asked by landlords feel free to contact should you require further information on any aspect of letting your property out.